Advertisement

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Paranoia is the Dark Side of Imagination


This is a song I originally wrote and composed around January 2015. "Paranoia is the Dark Side of Imagination."

It is, if you think about it. Literally.

Essentially, the song's title is meant to illustrate a Taoist principle. "What is a good man but a bad man's teacher, what is a bad man but a good man's job?" We think of paranoia as a "bad" thing, and yet it is a natural consequence of a vivid imagination, which is considered "good."

It's neither good nor bad, but I'm glad for my paranoia.

https://youtu.be/jhkG6tKLzUA

Here are the lyrics:

everywhere I go/everybody wants to know answers/tell me what are you scared of?/hey, have you thought I may be afraid of your questions

each time that you close the lid/you just leave me cut up in sections/make me a part of your collection/dissect me like some pinned down, dying butterfly

please don't go/please don't stay/please don't go/just let me go away/cause I'm color'd by my paranoia/I am sinking, thinking all these thoughts/I'm caught in: my fault, my bad, I'm mad, it's sad, but I'm glad for my paranoia

this is just/this is just/this is just the dark side

and there's light/everywhere/imagination shades me/saves me from the dark/saves me from my broken heart/savors darkness and its arts/parts to play let's light the spark/that's just D composing/you come close/save me/in my dreams you are never far from the stars, far from the brightest, fall from the brightest, you fall from the brightest of the stars/I will climb, sliding down/staring up, I hit bottom/bottom's up, I'm up for nothin'/somethin's down, the sum of sufferin'/don't want to suffer for nothin'/so in fear I am engulfed and drown

I don't want to win/I don't want to grin/I don't want a cent/listen to these people so in hurries for a dime/too much on their minds/the only thing they'll never make again is time

tell me give a try/tell me get around/tell me get a life/I'll tell what I've found/every time I try/this is what I get/I get paranoia/and if I should cry/don't mean I'm upset/fears are sublime/tears are just wet/if you read minds/you know mine says/"this is paranoia"

everywhere I look/I'm always jumping at shadows/nothing's what I'm really
scared of/hey, maybe I'm just afriad of all my future sorrows

and when the subject's sad/I always joke and kid/deflection/everything's cracked in
reflection/feeling's my philosophy/I wonder why: why birds fly/and I wonder why they sing/do I?/and the sun rises/I wonder if it sets because it gets tired of shining all the time?

please don't go/please don't stay/please don't go/just let me go away/cause I'm collar'd by my paranoia/I am sinking, thinking all these thoughts/I'm caught in: my fault, my bad, I'm mad, it's sad, but I'm glad for my paranoia

0 comments:

Post a Comment